As announced by Tankoa Yachts, the Hybrid Tankoa S502 superyacht ELETTRA, measuring 50 metres (165 feet) is well on schedule to be launched at the Genoa Shipyard. The yacht will then undergo final fit out, dock trials as well as extensive sea trials, before being handed over to her Owner to enjoy during the European summer season. The yacht will feature beautiful interiors by Francesco Paszkowski Design in collaboration with Margherita Casprini.
Elettra, although based on her predecessor, Vertige has a number of unique features not found on the previous yachts: she is powered by hybrid propulsion package, has 5 cabins with one main deck master cabin and four lower deck guest cabins, the galley has been positioned on the main deck and the foredeck boasts a touch-and-go helipad.
As of this month, the yacht is nearing completion or achieved completion already for the following works:
• Finishing works on VIP guest cabin (starboard aft) with ceiling panels completed and ready for freestanding furniture installation.
• Jacuzzi on fly deck has been fitted with mosaic tiles laid.
• Installation of exterior ceiling panels on fly deck was underway. Installation of lighting and audio speakers installation will immediately follow.
• Laying of teak deck forward of the wheelhouse has been completed and installation of the sofa for the dinette is following.
• Installation of the teak/stainless-steel floating stairwell connecting the upper deck and fly deck has been completed.
• Polished stainless-steel cleats and fairleads have been installed.
• Mast has been painted, antennas have been installed and wiring completed. The mast will be fitted on after the yacht has been removed from her completion shed. • Alinement of drive shafts has completed and ready for propellers to be mounted.
ELETTRA is fitted with two MTU 8V4000M54 (895 kW) engines and two 300 kW electric motors fed by two 250 kW variable speed generators. In traditional mode, she can cruise at 16.5 knots using both Diesel engines for propulsion and a diesel generator for feeding the hotel loads. In full speed mode, she can reach a top speed of 18 knots.